Friday, July 16, 2010

Best Salad EVER

My brother and sister-in-law had us over for dinner earlier this week.
They're awesome people!
She made an amazing salad that my hunnie inhaled! He took the time between mouthfuls to state quite clearly, "this is the best salad I've ever put in my mouth". Naturally I needed the recipe... the world deserves to know this recipe!!!
Strawberry Salad
8 cups greens
1 can mandarin slices
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 med red onion
1/2 cup carmelized almonds
poppy seed dressing
Carmelized Almonds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3 tbsp sugar
Toss almonds in sugar and cook on med-high stirring constantly
Spread on wax paper to cool
Poppy Seed Dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup canola oil
3 tbsp Mayo
4 tsp poppy seeds
Whisk it together like a crazy person until it's proper "dressing" consistency ;o)

No comments: