Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sleep Obsessed with a Fruit Smoothie


I own a few books on helping your baby learn to sleep, or at least improving sleep habits of your little one, thus resulting in more sleep for you, the sleep deprived parent. And yes, with my first little man, I opted to read these books on the few occasions that he choose to sleep instead of sleeping myself.
It made sense at the time.

In one of these books, it talks about becoming sleep obsessed. This is when you, the parent, are so sleep deprived that you know how much sleep everyone around you has had in comparison to you.
I would say I am sleep obsessed.
Dare I say I may have even past the point of a sleep obsession.
I would try to think of an enjoyable name for this state of obsession, but I am too tired...



I survived a week alone!
We all survived our week without Daddy.
All-in-all, the week was not as horrible as I had initially feared. Only a few hiccups, my oldest decided he did not need his afternoon nap, my youngest decided he did not need his morning nap, or to sleep at night, and me?? well, I decided the children in my house don't sleep enough!
Someone once told me "to be the parent", to decide when nap time is and stick too it.
Well, I have decided...
But they don't agree...
Whatever do I do now?
Someday, someday they will sleep.

As a result of no one in my house sleeping last week, I needed a few boosters during the day. I turned to smoothies.
I love smoothies.
There is little in this world I love as much as a cold, frothy, thick, fruity smoothy.
Pretty standard on the how to, but a wonderful end result if I don't say so me-self!


Mixed Fruit Smoothie

2 cups frozen mixed fruit (you can mix up your own or buy the mix - I'm lazy and buy the mixed)
1 banana
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp honey

Toss everything in a blender and whizz until it's perfect! If it's too thick for your taste, add a little more milk until your happy!


No comments: