Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

I have decided to embrace healthy choices these days... sort of. I refuse to give up butter and my baked goods require all kinds of sugar, but I have recently started adding whole wheat flour to pretty much everything. While it's not turning everything into the healthiest choice I can't help but feel it's a step in the right direction which is all I'm going for...

Blueberry Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk
2 eggs
2 sticks melted butter
1 cup blueberries

Mix flours, baking powder and soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon together. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and set aside. Mix the milk, eggs and butter together. Pour wet ingredients into the well of dry ingredients and mix together, while the mixture is still lumpy and not completely combined add blueberries and fold into the muffin mixture taking care not to over mix. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out clean.

Recipe slightly adapted from the Tri-Berry Muffins found in this delicious book. 

No comments: