Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dinosaurs A-Z

As the mother to 2 boys I have a problem.
It's proving to be a bigger problem then I had anticipated at first as it resurfaces each and everyday... at least 4 times!

You see my problem is this... I can not pronounce dinosaur names...
I know, I know, I can hear your gasps of disapproval from here!

I can say the standard ones, you know, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Velociraptor...
but we have this book, and Eli loves it!
He sits down with it at least a dozen times a day looking at the pictures, and chases me around the house at least 4 of those times asking me to sit with him so he can point out the dinosaurs and I can try to sound out their names.

I mean really:
Coelophysis?
Stenonychosaurus?
Xenotarsosaurus?
Euoplocephalus?
Quetzalcoatlus?
Am I the only one out there that can't say these names no matter how hard I try?

That's why when I found this song I just about cried in relief!
Dinosaur Train is a known show in our house, but I had never heard this song until I stumbled across it on YouTube a few days ago.
Needless to say, I am trying my hardest to memorize it!


No comments: