Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Creamy Orange Popsicles

Summer has finally hit Newfoundland!
I have learned that it is not entirely uncommon for the warm weather to hold off until late August/early September and this year proved to be no exception.
Although I feel slightly behind in the celebration for warm, sunny days I have been enjoying them as much as possible.
The town we live in is close enough to the Ocean that we almost always have a breeze, making warm days cool in the shade and hot days entirely bearable in the sun (my personal opinion of course).

Going through out kitchen cupboards a few days ago I stumbled upon our popsicle moulds and simply had to make creamy orange popsicles.
I was really pleased with how they turned and the boys loved them!
My mister felt they were a little too orang-y, which isn't entirely surprising as our citrus preferences are polar opposite - so adjust the proportions of the orange juice concentrate to your tastes, of course.

3/4-1 cup (roughly 1/2-3/4 of the carton) orange juice concentrate, thawed (I used 1 cup)
1 cup vanilla yogurt
Mix together and pour into popsicle moulds. Freeze overnight.
Yummers!!
(our mould is only 4 popsicles so I just froze the left overs, thawed it after everything was cleaned and made some more)

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

yummy! those look so goood!! and so easy! thanks for sharing...im def going to try this out!! just wen the weather gets a little warmer here in NZ ;) :kim