Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Homemade Protein Granola Bars

A few weeks ago a friend gave me a recipe for homemade protein bars.
SUPER YUM! I kind of wish there was a better word to use then yum... they are like... yummilicious!
or yumtastic, if you will.
They're good... you should try them...

Homemade Protein Granola Bars
2 cups quick oats
1 cup protein powder
1/2 cup flaxseed
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 cups trail mix
1/2 cup walnuts (my trailmix had a bunch of nuts in it so I just put in 2 1/2 - 3 cups of the trail mix)
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup honey
2 cups peanut butter

Melt the honey and peanut butter in a big sauce pan and then mix in everything else. Press into a greased 9x13 pan and toss in the freezer. I melted peanut butter and drizzled it on top, and I know my friend does the same with chocolate.
I found it easiest to cut after about 20-30 minutes in the freezer and I stored them in the freezer, removing my bar roughly 10-15 minutes before I ate it.

No comments: