Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pressed Flowers

I think I may have discovered my new love...
Pressed flowers! 

Out of all the new hobbies I have picked up over the past few years this one will be the most amusing to my family I think.
You see, I am not a flowery person. I don't grow them, I can't keep them alive, I don't care to learn the names of any of them, but I do like to look at them.

My boys each gave me a carnation for Mother's day and I thought I'd try my hand at saving bits of them. I do have a crafty endeavor planned for these babies but I have to say, I am so excited with how well they dried.
 I asked around for advice on drying and pressing flowers and for the most part no one I knew was entirely sure of the best process. So I YouTubed it. 
I found this video and followed the directions and then just stacked a couple of books on top of my (skinny) phone book with a few big cans of tomatoes and waited a little over 2 weeks.

Now to pick up a few more supplies and get started on my crafty plans! 
Stay tuned... 

No comments: