Tuesday, June 19, 2012

YUM!

I go through these phases with food that I will find something I love and eat it until the very idea of it makes my stomach turn.
My current obsession? Tomato Bruschetta and Goat Cheese on a toasted Baguette (a "crostini" if you're feeling fancy).
So freakin' good people.

I slice the baguette on an angle to create more of a surface for my topping, drizzle with olive oil and pop in the oven (350-375) for 15 minutes or so until it's all golden and toasty. 
While that's toasting I chop up a tomato, some red onion and a few fresh basil leaves, dump that in a bowl and drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt (sometimes I add garlic... depends if I'm in the mood for chopping or not). 
In another bowl I plop a chunk of goat cheese and drizzle in some olive oil and mix it all up until the goat cheese is a nice spreadable consistency, then add some salt and pepper to taste.
Once the baguette is all toasty and delicious I spread it with some goat cheese and then top that with some of the tomato mixture.
Goodness gracious! So good!
I've been trying to pace myself, eating this only once or twice a week, it's just too good to get sick of.

No comments: