Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome October

October is here!!

It's no secret in my world that I love love love October. The colors, the smells, the flavours, the weather!! I have a pumpkin patch visit planned for this weekend, another for later in the month, lists of baking to accomplish, our wedding anniversary, my mister's birthday, halloween costumes, knitting/crochet and warm drinks all planned for the next 31 days (well 30 now I suppose...). October always brings on a surge of creativity and energy for me and I am so excited to embrace that as much as possible.
I also start to think Christmas around now. Seems strange but to me fall goes hand in hand with holiday planning. Christmas lists will be made and sent out to family (this one is a bit of a necessity given our distance from most family), and I will start thinking of giving ideas/plans for us to send on to family. I think I've decided that I want this year to be a bit more hand made for our extended families which could be a challenge given our new addition, but it's still something I would like to challenge myself to do.
Bring on the season!!

No comments: