Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Ec Project #1 & Visitors!

I'm taking a "home ec" e-course that I'm quite thrilled about.



As I've said before, I'm mostly a self taught sewer, and am slightly self conscious about my skill. I've been searching for sewing classes in my area that I would be able to attend to improve my skill or learn things I may not think up to teach myself. Unfortunately the only classes I've been able to locate have been about 3.5 hours away, and well... that's just a bit unrealistic, even for me! So I've turned to books and e-courses.

The first project I've completed is napkins! And I think they're super cute!

I had some extra fabric laying around and my mom sent me a little stash of randoms a while ago, for sewing, so I had some green ric rac around as well. Combine the two and viola!

My parents arrive today for an 8 day visit and I'm super excited! Mom and I are planning an overnight Christmas shopping trip into St John's, NL, and I am counting down the hours! This will be the first time I'll have been away from both boys overnight (not counting my hospital time while having Eli as time away from Zac... because that was HARDLY a vacation!).

This week is shaping up to be quite enjoyable!

No comments: