Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quilt

I made my first quilt a while ago now and just realized I never made mention of it on here!
It was very exciting!
Because it was my first quilt I opted to try a rag quilt. I'd heard they are easier and a little more forgiving, so I hoped onto Etsy and got a pattern from Sweet Baby Jamie.
It was excellent! She was very clear in her instructions and it came out to be the perfect size for a throw on the couch. I love it!

I've been working on my second since the day after I finished my first. It's taking a little longer then I had originally expected. The pattern turned out a bit smaller then I liked so I've added panels to both ends and sides making it a better cuddle up with a movie blanket.

I'm in the finishing stages now, but I'm learning quickly that with quilting, each of the stages takes a loooonggg time!

No comments: