Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Latte

Starbucks is probably one of my most favourite places on the planet... and the closest one to me is 3.5 hours away.

That makes my heart sad quite often.

I decided it was high time that I figure out how to make myself a little Starbucks love in my own kitchen and whipped up a lovely Pumpkin Pie Spiced Latte. 
It was delicious. I drank it and then made another and drank that too... and the next day I did the same... and I plan to do the same again today... or maybe tomorrow... this much caffine is effecting my sleep.

Sleep... or Pumpkin Pie Spiced Deliciousness... it really is a super hard decision!

We bought some Caramel Vanilla coffee whitener that made this extra fantastic, but it is just as good with plain ol' milk.

1 full cup espresso (I just use the instant stuff because it's tasty and I don't have a press)
1 pinch each of nutmeg, cloves & a bit more then a pinch... maybe 2 pinches of cinnamon
big splash of milk - or flavoured whitener.

Mix it all together and top with an extra huge (we are channelling our inner Starbucks barista after all!) dollop of whipped cream.

I'm thinking I will pass on the sleep again in favour of a warm taste of fall! 

No comments: