Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How's YOUR Movember going?

I quite enjoy the idea of Movember...
Trouble is, I can't really participate... not being able to grow facial hair and all!

Today I had a huge hankering for a mustache on a stick but when pricing them was not really prepared to spend over $5.00 for one.


I went on a hunt through my craft room drawers and was able to find everything I needed to make my own and let me tell you!

They are WAY more fun then you'd think, especially if you have kids!

Would you like to make your own mustache on a stick?
It's easy peasy!


You'll need:
Scissors
Glue (I used a glue stick and a glue gun)
Pencil (perm. marker optional)
felt
card board backing (an empty cereal box will do quite nicely!)
lollipop sticks

Draw your mustache on the cardboard and cut it out.
You don't really have to outline it with perm marker, but I have this thing that if I'm cutting anything out I like to have a bold line to cut around... yah... I know it's weird...

Glue your cardboard mustache's down on your felt and let dry.
I put a couple large books on top while it was drying just to ensure they dried flat.
Once the glue is dry (I waited about an hour), cut your felt around the cardboard.

Grab your lollipop sticks and felt mustache's...

and hot glue the sticks on one side of the back of the mustache.

Then PLAY!
It makes for good times!!




No comments: