Sunday, January 23, 2011

Date Night Salad Dressing

As I've said, last week I had a birthday.
It was a great day! The weather was horrible so we took it easy only venturing out once between phone calls from family.
Hubby and I decided to have a date night in, as it had been awhile since our last.

I made a delish pasta with a cream sauce, chicken and veggies, along with some fresh bread (store bought of course!)
A yummy salad with beets, feta and pistachios and a homemade dressing!
And Birthday brownies with frozen yogurt!
I'll share the recipe for the brownies later this week, because right now I have to tell how to make the dressing for the salad as I'm practically drinking the stuff.
I've eaten more salads the last few days then I have in the last month, just as an excuse to use this dressing!!

Honey, Dijon Dressing
1 Shallot, finely diced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp dijon

Whisk the shallot, vinegar and dijon together. Slowly add the oil whisking constantly until everything has emulsified. Whisk in the honey and add salt and pepper to taste!

mmm... I'm off to make another salad!

No comments: