Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Books

I've always been a big reader.
When I was in high school I would spend about 2 hours in Chapters at least once a week just puttering around, looking through books, making wish lists and buying the ones I would read that week.

After Zac was born I didn't read much for that first year.
About a month before we had Eli I panicked a bit thinking I wouldn't have the chance to read ever again. I read about 10 books in one month (!), then had Eli and didn't read anything for the last 21 months!

One of my goals for 2011 is to read more and take more time for myself. Lucky for me, one of the things I love to do for myself is read! So I get a two for one when I read.
This month I went a little crazy with the reading though. It seems once I start I just can't stop, so I thought I'd share the 5 books I've read as I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them!



Hubby bought me this book for Christmas and I must say, he did very well!
In short, Casting About is a story about a young married couple, in the first year of their marriage. He has a daughter from a previous relationship and she comes to live with them. The story is about the love that develops between Monica (the main character) and this little girl.


Hunger games.jpg

The series takes place in the future, in the ruins of North America. The area is run by "The Capital", a harsh government, which is surrounded by 12 districts. In order to keep the districts in line The Capital forces each district to send 1 boy and 1 girl, between the ages of 12 and 18, to fight on live TV to the death. The last kid standing is the winner.

I'm not going to include descriptions of the second and third book as it could spoil things, so if you're interested Catching Fire is the second book and Mockingjay is the final book.

I LOVED this series. LOVED IT!!! I read all three books in 3 days, I could not put any of them down! Seriously, SO good! And such an easy read.
You can read some of the book here if you're interested, you just need to click on the picture of the book.


Buy The Friday Night Knitting Club

It took me a bit longer to get into this book then the others and I had an easy time pacing myself through it.
The story is based around the lives of the women who participate in a... Friday Night Knitting Club!!! bet ya didn't see that one comin' eh?
It's sweet, you get to see past scars heal in some characters, new love develop in others. New adventures for some and loss for all. It may not sound like much, but I really enjoyed it once I got going.

What are some of your favourite books?
The nearest book store to us is 3.5 hours away by car so I order most of mine online. Any suggestions are MORE than welcome!!

No comments: