Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

Peanut butter and chocolate are probably my most favourite combinations on the planet.
Pie is a close second (I'm choosing to consider pastry crust and pie filling as a combination).
Peanut Butter Pie with a Chocolate crust? umm, yes... yes please.
I made this up a couple of weeks ago for a BBQ with friends and have been dreaming of it ever since. I'm considering making up another for myself but the fear of an ever tightening bridesmaid dress keeps holding me back...

I made the filling as per Ms Joy the Baker's instructions found here, for the crust you'll need:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or oreo crumbs to make it extra chocolate-y)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
In a bowl stir everything together and press evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate (or spring form pan) Bake at 350 roughly 10 minutes until it feels firm. Let cool & fill with the filling.


...darn bridesmaid dress...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This looks unbelievable. I am supposed to be fitting into a bridesmaids dress too. But maybe if I share some with the bride she will understand. :)