Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sugar Cookies

I am currently up to my eyeballs in wedding baking.
My brother in law is getting married this weekend and, being the crazy nice person that I am, I am making their wedding cake and favors. The favors are doubling as place cards so I am piping all the guests names onto sugar cookie "plaques" along with a heart cookie with the happy couple's initials piped on it.
Like I said, I'm crazy nice!

I'm using a wonderful sugar cookie recipe that you can find here, I use it all the time because it's just sooo tasty!

A great way to use up the scraps from "cut out" cookies like these is to roll the dough together into a log and chill again for a couple of hours (or even overnight), cut it into slices and then proceed per the recipe's baking instructions. Once they've cooled top with jam or sandwich two together with jam.
The buttery cookie with the sweet jam is deeee-lish!

No comments: