Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bits & Pieces

Photobucket


To say my weekend was a blur is such an understatement!
I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it actually happened and it's over now.
It will for sure be listed as one of my top five best weekends for a while. 
It was full of laughs, inspiration, lazy mornings, good food, showers with the door shut and no one screaming at me on the other side and only a few panic attacks.

I flew to Toronto Friday morning to meet my mom for a trip to the One of a Kind craft show.
I was so super excited about this trip I've been loosing sleep for about a month now in anticipation. One of the biggest hurdles was concurring my issues with flying. 
I hate flying, and this was the first time I flew all by myself (I'm such a big girl!) with no one to distract me (my mister) or for me to fuss over (the boys). I thought it would be ok as I would be able to concentrate on things I enjoy and distract myself with "me" things.
After many hours spent in the washroom emptying the contents of my stomach, I discovered the plane ride may not be as magical as I had originally anticipated!
I did manage though, arriving in Toronto with a headache that could have split my body in half and shaking so bad I could barely stand. 
We went straight to the hotel where I ate something, showered and had a quick rest on the most comfortable pillows imaginable!
Once I was feeling better and my stress levels came back within a normal range we headed to the show and did an initial scout of the venders and everything the show offered.

Oh.My.

I couldn't wait to get back there first thing Saturday and spend hours chatting with the venders and spending all the money my mister so sweetly sent me with.
After we were exhausted from the show and my brain could hold no more ideas we headed to the cemetery where my Great Aunt was buried.
She was more like a grandmother to me and it was important to me to stop by and check on her.
We went out for dinner and then made our way to a shopping mall that we wandered around until they closed. 
A full day of walking, spending a ton of money, along with inspiration overload made for a very tired lady! 

Sunday morning we only had time to eat breakfast and then head over to the airport. I was able to get a lovely Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks and semi tame my nerves to get back on the plane and come home to my 3 boys who had an awesome "Boys Weekend".
I am happy to say that the flight home was much smoother then the flight there as far as my sanity. I only freaked out once and  was able to knock the nerves out of my stomach within 30 minutes!!
It was the Starbucks trip I'm sure. 
Starbucks makes everything ok.

Needless to say my head is positively spinning with ideas from the show and I can not wait to hunker down and plan out what I want to make next.

Did you do anything exciting last weekend?

1 comment:

PJ Day said...

Sounds like a great trip. It's always nice to get a break and do something fun. We celebrated my 2 and 4 year old daughters birthday. It was very fun.

Veronica- http://watchmeplaynlearn.blogspot.com/