Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Movember

November marks that time on your calendars that every man loves and every woman hates.
It's Movember folks.
The time of year when men grow themselves some extra facial hair in an effort to raise awareness for men's health... and for some, just the sake of growing some nasty facial hair.
I am currently surrounded by all kinds of facial hair wierdness...
It's only natural that I felt a little pressured to join in the fun and grow myself a mustache. Trouble (perhaps not so troublesome in reality) is that I can not grow facial hair.
This means I (happily) settle for the mustache on a stick variety.
Last year I made one of these using felt, this year I decided to step it up a notch and use some fun fur for a more... voluptuous look.
I followed all the same initial steps you can find here, except instead of covering my cardboard template with felt I cut the fun fur to fit. 
When cutting fun fur it's worth mentioning that you want to try and avoid cutting the actual hairs, just the backing.
Once you've got the shape of your mustache in your fun fur, glue it to your cardboard template and allow to dry.
Once it's dry hot glue a stick to the cardboard and flip it over to style your lovely bushy mustache. You can use mustache wax or hair spray to help the fun fur stay in place once you are happy with how it looks.
And there you have it! Now you can hang with the guys.
Peace Out!
(funny how having a mustache makes you feel so much cooler...)

6 comments:

Randa Derkson said...

The first picture is priceless! New follower on GFC. Swing by when you can and I would appreciate a follow back: http://www.thebewitchinkitchen.com

Jamie said...

Hilarious and adorable!

So glad I came across your blog on the Flock Together Tuesday Hop! I'm now a follower. I hope you'll stop by and follow back :)

Jamie
http://makingmamahappy.blogspot.com

ellen said...

New follower! Love your blog. PLease stop by, read our educational tips and follow us at: http://letterlearning.blogspot.com

AmberFaith said...

Hello! I'm following you from the Flock Together blog hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get the chance! Hope you have a good rest of the week! (:

Best,
Amber @ Beautifully BellaFaith
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

Photo props like this are my favorite! You look get with a Movember stache !!

Lindsi B said...

Yup pretty much the cutest pictures ever! Love it! Would you please link up this post on our Fun Stuff Fridays linky party? I would love you to share it with my readers

http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html