Friday, December 7, 2012

G is for Granola

G2
Granola is one of my most favourite foods... ever.
I eat freaky amounts of it, which makes it hard to keep in the house. In the summer I went granola making crazy for about 2 weeks, on the hunt for the homemade granola recipe. While most of my findings were decent none were blow your mind wonderful. Then I found this recipe. It's perfect. It's crunchy, it's sweet, it's nutty... I don't think I'll ever be able to buy store bought granola again.

Making granola is not hard by any means but I think it's super important to use regular oats (or large flake) instead of quick cooking. The quick cooking goes mushy when you add the liquid to it and never seems to crunch up. If you don't jar your granola after it's cooled and it gets sticky or soft, just pop it back into the oven for about 5 minutes, it will re-crisp and be wonderful all over again!
G1
Mmmm.... so good....

No comments: