Wednesday, December 12, 2012

K is for Knitting

K2

I feel like knitting should be an expected topic for the letter "K". Sadly the only pictures I have of my current knitting projects are still only in skein form. The list in my head however, is far to long to actually type out. The trouble with knitting is this... it's not quick. I like quick. I make easy quilt tops, in an evening. I crochet a hat, in an evening. I make pages and pages for photo journals, in an evening... are you sensing a theme? I can not accomplish enough of a knitting project in an evening to keep me stoked or excited about it. I do so love it though, the feel of the yarn, the different textures and patterns you can create with two simple stitches just done in different orders, the clicking of the needles while you work... all such an awesomely cozy experience... if only it were possible to complete an entire project, in an evening...

2 comments:

Jo-ann said...

So what are you planning to knit with your sparkly wool here?

Lisa said...

A really lovely shawl! just trying to get up the courage to knit lace...