Thursday, December 20, 2012

Q is for Quilt

Q
Last year after the holidays I went Christmas material purchase crazy. I had a mad gleam in my eye and took every piece I could find... I actually scared an old lady out of the isle while I was loading all the fat quarters into my cart while laying on the floor scouring the bottom of the bin... ok, I may not have scared her, lets be honest here, but between me on the floor and my cart, she was not getting anywhere close to my bin of discounted holiday fabric.
I had dreams of making a quilt big enough for our family to snuggle under, watching Roudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer with the plate of cookies left out for Santa and the magical twinkle in my boys eyes right before they fell asleep on the couch, in my arms, waiting for Santa to come. Alas, I forgot about the fabric until 2 weeks ago and haven't had the time to finish the quilt. I did make the top, which I am super excited about, but I doubt it will be completed before the new year, to tuck away for next year... which gives me another year to dream about being tucked under it, only this time I will have my girl along with my boys falling asleep in my arms. So cozy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These fabrics are so pretty! I'm not a sewer but I do get carried away looking at all the beautiful fabrics in the store!!! Makes me want to learn to quilt or sew!!