Friday, December 24, 2010

Chewy Gingersnap Cookies

I have a confession to make...
I'm a bit of a cookie snob.
I only like the chewy ones...
I'm really not a fan of hard, crunchy cookies. I mean REALLY not a fan...
Sorry if you are! It's just not my thing.

I do love gingersnap cookies though and have been on a search for years to find a yummy, quality recipe for chewy gingersnap cookies, that still scream comfort and holidays and remind me of my grandmother without the shattering of my teeth in order to enjoy them.

I am in love with this recipe!
It makes a bunch, but they freeze really well.

Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger

1 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup molasses

Combine the first 6 ingredients (the dry ingredients) in a large bowl and set aside.

Cream butter, brown sugar and molasses until blended and then add the eggs, one at a time until completely combined. Gradually add the flour/dry mixture into the sugar/molasses mixture and mix until combined. Drop onto a greased (or parchment paper covered) cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

I had some left over vanilla icing laying around the house that accidentally made it's way on top of some of these and let me just say,
HEAVEN!
I would even make the extra effort in the future to have vanilla icing on hand when I make these.
Seriously. So. Good.

I can't believe it, but I think I managed to share my entire baking list for the holidays!
I honestly made everything I shared this past month at least once and we've finished it all already...
that might account for the 10 pound weight gain I am facing at the moment!

I hope you all have a wonderfully, magical Christmas Day with your families and loved ones!
xo
Lisa

No comments: