Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chocolate Toffee Bark

The first time I had this I was in public school and my french teacher brought it in as a special treat. Every time I have it now, I can't help but remember Madame Bennett and how awesome I thought it (and she) was!
I'm a real pig on this actually... it's all gone now...
Chocolate Toffee Bark
1 bag of soda crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp shortening (I use butter)
toffee bits
Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray (VERY important step or you'll never get it off once you're done!) lay the crackers over the cookie sheet in a single layer, set aside.
In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in brown sugar and bring to a boil. Cook the butter and sugar stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Spread evening over the crackers.
Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes. Place pan on cooling rack.
Melt chocolate chips and shortening (or butter) and stir until smooth. Spread over top of crackers and finish by sprinkling as many toffee bits as you'd like.

YUM!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just printed this recipe off and I'm totttally gonna make it up for Xmas. Om Nom! Thanks for the post!

George
Raised By Wolves

Lisa said...

that's so exciting George! You'll have to let me know if you like it as much as I do!!!