Thursday, December 16, 2010

Embrace the Camera: Christmas Party

Zachary surprised us this year with a very high level of enthusiasm regarding Santa Clause.

Given that Zac's only 3 we haven't really played up the idea of Santa so it came as a huge surprise when he started asking when Santa was coming.
It's been so much fun to experience the magic of Santa, for the first time, from a parental view point this year!

Hubby's, work, kids Christmas party was this past Sunday and they had Santa come in to give each of the kids a gift.

Never before, have I seen Zachary so in awe of anything the way he was when Santa walked in the room!
And I love so much, that the only thing he could think to do with himself was give me a BIG hug!

When his name was called to receive his gift we had the roughest time getting him to actually look at the camera, he just wanted to stair...
(Santa has such good taste in wrapping paper, don't you think??)

Once all the gift giving was done, Santa stuck around to sing some last songs with the kids, and Zac was all over the opportunity to sit with him again. He climbed up on a chair beside him and just hung out, laughing a gut felt laugh every time Santa said anything!
Really, it was the cutest thing I think I've seen in my life so far (I know I'm a bit bias... but still!)

This is the only picture we were able to snap of the two boys with Santa, that someone is actually looking at the camera. I'm not too disappointed though, we've still got the memories!
And hey! I was even in a few of the pictures!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are such sweet pictures!!

Kris said...

Fantabulous photos!

Elizabeth said...

Adorable...there is nothing like children at the holidays.....

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness how cute!!!!!! Christmas thru a childs eyes...is simply touching and contagious! what wonderful memories!

Mommy Girl said...

great pictures! I love your son laughing with ST. Nick!

Summer said...

Awww! What a great reaction to Santa. You just never know at that age if they're going to be scared or excited.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Such CUUUUTE kiddos!!

Unknown said...

What cuties you have! I love the big laugh with Santa. Priceless :)

Stefanie said...

Popping in from EtC.

Wonderful memories! So awesome that you caught his joy with Santa on camera.

mrs.natu said...

oh my! i LOVE the huge grin on that little guy's face…priceless moments!

Wendy said...

I love watching the sparkles in my kids' eyes this time of year! What great memories.

rebecca said...

SO cute!! :)

Sarah said...

I have 2 little boys and now that they LOVE Santa, it does make Christmas time a LITTLE, who am I kidding, ALOT more exciting. Merry christmas. Oh BTW Your boys are very cute!