Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peppermint Meltaways

This is a new recipe for me this year and I can not get enough!
I love all things mint though so it's not much of a surprise.
The next time I make them I'm planning to make the icing chocolate. Something about a delish mint cookie with chocolate icing makes me want to do a happy dance!
Peppermint Meltaways
Cookie:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
Cream butter and icing sugar until "light and fluffy". Beat in the extract.
Combine flour and cornstarch and gradually add to the creamed butter/sugar mixture. Be sure to mix well.
Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until they spring back when lightly pushed on the top, or the bottoms are browned. Let cool on wire racks.

Frosting:
2 tbsp butter, softened
1-1/2 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract

Beat everything together until fluffy!

MMMMMM!!!!!

No comments: